The Committee is comprised of eight elected members of the Faculty, with no more than two elected from any one division who serve a two-year term. The University Librarian is an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee. The University Librarian serves as its chairperson.
A. The Executive Committee is the principal advisory body to the University Librarian. It advises the University Librarian on the formulation and execution of Library-wide policy, including but not limited to:
- creation and appointment of library-wide committees, and plans for implementation of Committee recommendations;
- selection of priorities to be reflected in the Library’s budget;
- proposal of library-wide program initiatives and policy changes;
- recruitment and selection of Library Faculty.
B. The Executive Committee advises the University Librarian on the appointment, both temporary and permanent, of the Staff Directors.
C. The Executive Committee, as stipulated in Article VI, part e of the Statutes, advises the Chancellor on an annual basis regarding the reappointment of the University Librarian. On the occasion of the University Librarian’s five-year evaluation, it also works with the Library Committee of the Campus Senate to prepare for the approval of the Library Faculty a plan for conducting this evaluation.
D. One member is elected annually as vice-chair of the Executive Committee and the Library Faculty. Duties include chairing sessions of the Executive Committee and faculty meetings in the absence of the University Librarian, and serving as chair of the Executive Committee when the elected members meet to discuss the reappointment of the University Librarian or to plan or conduct the 5-year evaluation of the University Librarian.
E. One member is elected annually to serve as secretary of the Executive Committee. Duties include providing agendas and minutes for Executive Committee sessions, and aiding the chair and vice-chair as needed.
- Claire Stewart, Chair(ex officio - University Librarian)
- Mara Thacker, Vice-Chair(Aug 2019 - Aug 2023) Second Consecutive Term Area Studies
- Sarah Williams, Secretary(Aug 2022 - Aug 2024) Funk ACES
- MJ Han(Aug 2022 - Aug 2024) Acquisitions and Cataloging Services
- Kirstin Johnson(Aug 2022 - Aug 2024) MPAL
- Joe Lenkart(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023) International and Area Studies
- Kelli Trei(Aug 2020 - Aug 2024) Second Consecutive Term Funk ACES
- Chris Wiley(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023) Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Jennifer Teper(Jan 2023 - Aug 2023) Preservations Services
Executive Committee is reported to by:
- Chris Prom, Chair(ex officio - Interim University Librarian, Dec 2022 - May 2023)
- Mary Laskowski(Aug 2020 - Aug 2022) Collection Management Services
- Dan Tracy, Secretary(Aug 2020 - Aug 2022) Scholarly Communication and Publishing
- Peg Burnette(Aug 2020 - Aug 2022) Everitt Laboratory
- Jennifer Teper(Aug 2019 - Aug 2021) Technical Services
- Bill Mischo(Nov 2018 - Aug 2020) Physical Science & Engineering
- William Maher(Nov 2018 - Aug 2023) Special Collections
- Lynne Rudasill(Aug 2018 - Aug 2020) Area Studies
- Paula Carns(Aug 2018 - Aug 2020) Search Committee Liaison, Arts & Humanities
- Lynne Thomas(Aug 2018 - Aug 2020) Special Collections
- John Wilkin, Chair(ex officio - University Librarian, Jan 2018 - Dec 2022)
- David Ward(Aug 2017 - Aug 2021) Central Public Services
Agendas and Minutes
- Show All