Ask a Librarian
Ask a Librarian Hours:
- Email Us — Responses within one business day.
- Text Us: (217) 686-4361 — Service available Summer 2020 Mon. – Fri. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You can SMS text the library from any cellphone that supports text messaging. Standard charges apply, based on your cell phone plan with your account provider, for both messages you send and receive from us.
- Visit Us at the Information Desk — First Floor, Main Library.
- Visit Us at Other Library Locations
9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday;
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday;
5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, Information Desk services will be virtual-only (no in-person services) until further notice.
Get Subject Expert Help
- Find Your Subject Library or Specialized Service — These libraries and services have resources on specific subjects and can assist you with recommended search resources for advanced research. The subject specialists page includes contact information for subject specialist librarians, and many include links through which you can directly schedule an appointment with a specialist.
Suggest a Purchase
- Suggest a Purchase — Ask the library to buy a book, film, or other information source you need by providing basic author and title information. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate subject specialist.