Ask a Librarian
- Summer 2018 Ask a Librarian Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Friday; 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday; and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Email Us — Responses within one business day.
- Phone Us at the Information Desk — (217) 333-2291
- Text Us: (217) 686-4361 — You can SMS text the library from any cellphone that supports text messaging. Standard charges apply, based on your cell phone plan with your account provider, for both messages you send and receive from us.
- Visit Us at the Information Desk — 2nd Floor, Main Library.
Summer 2018 Information Desk Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday; 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday; closed Sunday.
- Visit Us at Other Library Locations
Get Subject Expert Help
- Research Consultation Scheduler — Schedule an appointment with a subject specialist librarian.
- Find Your Subject Library or Specialized Service — Subject libraries have resources on specific subjects and can assist you with recommended search resources for advanced research.
Suggest a Purchase
- Suggest a Purchase — Ask the library to buy a book, film, or other information source you need by providing basic author and title information. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate subject specialist.