Ask a Librarian
- Open Live Chat in a New Window If we are offline or you cannot see the box on your screen, please e-mail us.
- Spring 2017 Hours: 8:30 a.m. to Midnight, Mondays through Thursdays; 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Fridays; 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturdays; 1:00 p.m. to Midnight Sundays.
- Email Us — Responses within one business day.
- Phone Us at the Information Desk — 217-333-2291
- Text Us: 217-686-4361 — You can SMS text the library from any cellphone that supports text messaging. Standard charges apply, based on your cell phone plan with your account provider, for both messages you send and receive from us.
- Visit Us at the Information Desk — 2nd Floor, Main Library.
- Visit Us at Other Library Locations
Get Subject Expert Help
- Subject Specialists Find the librarian for your subject area for one-on-one help with your research.
- Research Consultation Scheduler Schedule an appointment with a subject specialist librarian.
- Find Your Subject Library or Specialized Service Subject libraries have resources on specific subjects and can assist you with recommended search resources for advanced research.
Suggest a Purchase
- Suggest a Purchase — Ask the library to buy a book, film, or other information source you need by providing basic author and title information. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate subject specialist.
Information for Specific Groups
- Information for Researchers
- Information for Instructors
- Information for Undergraduates
- Information for Users with Disabilities
- Information for Distance Learners
- Information for Visitors
- Information for Alumni
- Information for Allied Organizations