Where to Return Material
Most items, including I-Share material – return to any Urbana campus library circulation desk or bookdrop
- Loanable technology and video games – hand item to library staff at the circulation desk where you checked out the item
- Interlibrary Loan (NOT I-Share) materials – return to the Main Library Circulation Desk
- Fragile or Poor Condition items – hand item to library staff at the circulation desk where you checked out the item
- Recalled items – hand item to staff at a circulation desk
- Library materials can’t be returned through campus mail.
- Items are discharged from your account before being shipped back to the owning library.
- Return receipts are available upon request at any circulation desk.
- Urbana Free and Champaign Public Library material cannot be returned to U of I libraries.
Outside bookdrops can be found in the following locations:
- Funk ACES Library- Outside the south entrance (by the circle drive)
- Grainger Engineering Library – Southeast corner of the building (on the engineering quad, near the loading dock)
- Main Library – Southwest corner of the building, in the parking lot (upper level)
- Music Building – Outside the north entrance (opposite Krannert Center)
- Undergraduate Library – East side of the east pavilion (opposite the Morrow Plots)
- U of I Library map and directory
Keep in mind the following when using a bookdrop:
- They’re available when the Library is closed.
- They’re convenient.
- Some items can’t be returned to a bookdrop (see Exceptions above).
- Items may not be discharged from your account as quickly. Most bookdrops are emptied daily when the library is open.
While borrowers cannot initiate recalls online, they may request to have a University of Illinois item recalled from another borrower by inquiring at any library public service point or by contacting Central Access Services staff at email@example.com or at 217-333-8400. Library staff can only recall an item from another borrower if there are no other available copies anywhere in the statewide online catalog.
If another borrower recalls an item that you have checked out you will receive a “recall notice,” the same way you receive other library notices. This notice informs you that the loan period for the item has been shortened and that the material must be returned by a certain date. This date is usually 15 days from the date the item was recalled. The Library’s recall policy insures that library materials are equitably available.
FAILURE TO RESPOND TO A RECALL WILL RESULT IN A $5.00/DAY (maximum $25.00/item) FINE. This fine applies to ALL borrowers, including faculty and staff who are not normally charged processing fees. Once the item is overdue your borrowing privileges will be automatically suspended until the recalled item is returned to a Library staff member and checked in.