Librarians collaborate with researchers on the entirety of the research life cycle. You can find guides related to these areas below. For subject specific research assistance, we also recommend contacting the subject specialist(s) for your research interest. Also, you may want to consult the appropriate subject library. For quick assistance to get started, use our Ask a Librarian service.
Develop Your Research
- Funding Your ResearchFind funders for your research and get information on writing proposals.
- Methods Design and PracticeGet assistance with data, multimedia creation, and digital methods.
- Data Management SupportLearn best practices for data management and get assistance crafting your data management plan.
- Citation ManagementDiscover a tool to help you track citations as you gather your research, and produce a ready-made bibliography in your chosen citation style.
- Collaboration, Note Taking, and Storage ToolsFind collaborators and learn tools for storing and sharing your research.
Find Research Materials
- Search StrategiesLearn approaches to searching for relevant research information.
- Find Materials by TypeLearn how to get information in specific formats and genres including articles, media, dissertations, government information, and more.
- Borrowing and UsingGet information on borrowing privileges and processes for obtaining library materials.
- Evaluate ResourcesUnderstand factors that you need to consider when evaluating the authority of a source.
Write Your Research
- Writing Tips and HelpGet resources to help when writing proposals, annotated bibliographies, dissertations, and other academic genres.
- Copyright, Plagiarism, and Citation when Using the Work of OthersText here.Learn about legal and ethical issues for using the work of others and giving appropriate credit.
Share Your Research
- Copyright and PublishingManage your own copyright, publish your work, archive it for public access, and comply with university and federal access policies.
- Scholarly PresenceLearn about university and third-party platforms that allow you maintain your professional identity online, and learn how metrics are used to measure research.
- PresentingStrengthen your presentations when giving posters and talks.