Easy Search(library catalog searh)
Library Services, Fall 2021
The University Library plans to provide a comprehensive set of onsite and remote services for the Fall 2021 semester.
All Library units will be open regularly scheduled weekday hours to members of the campus community and the general public. Many units, including major service locations will also have weekend hours. Specific unit hours will be communicated through the Hours and Locations tab on the University Library website.
Library users will be able to request materials from the print collections for delivery to many library pick up locations, or through campus mail if eligible. All of the Library’s licensed electronic resources will be available to members of the campus community. Library faculty and staff will provide a suite of onsite services similar to those provided prior to the pandemic, including study space, reference consultations, physical course reserves, on-site and remote instruction, support for class visits, and the browsing of open stacks. Special Collections will be available for onsite consultation and use.
Several of the remote services developed during the pandemic will continue to be available where possible given staff availability and copyright restrictions.
Current Summer Services
The University Library’s priority is to serve student and faculty needs while protecting the health and safety of the campus community. Here is a summary of our current services.
- The Library has been increasing the number of locations available for pickup of requests. The following are currently open (hours vary; please refer to the individual unit homepages for current hours):
- The Main Library 2nd Floor Circulation Desk is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. For all other locations and services please refer to the individual unit homepages for current hours.
- Reference and research consultations are available through the Ask a Librarian page. The Main Library Information Desk is open for walk-in consultations Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Library instruction is available remotely. Please contact a subject specialist or Ask a Librarian to schedule.
- Our Special Collections units are providing remote services and appointment-based, on-site access, as needed.
For anything not addressed here, contact the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Can’t Wait to See You Soon!
While access to our buildings and spaces is currently limited, librarians and staff are ready and looking forward to helping you.
Last updated on July 15, 2021.
You may be denied access or asked to pay when you are trying to use materials that the Library has purchased or licensed. If this happens to you, use the following methods to access the resource:
- Connect via the Library website or a Library search interface.
- Use the proxy bookmarklet.
- Put the following text on the string at the beginning of the URL you are trying to access: https://www.library.illinois.edu/proxy/go.php?url=. For example: https://www.library.illinois.edu/proxy/go.php?url=https://www.jstor.org/stable/25432036
Connect using the campus VPN, but know that you may still be denied access. If that happens, use method 1, 2, or 3.
The University Library’s Interlibrary Loan service is requesting journal articles and items from other institutions but there may be delays in delivery, since many libraries are not lending items at this time. In addition, certain formats (e.g. microforms) may be held dependent on Library equipment and appointment availability. Borrowing of print items via I-Share has resumed.
The Library is offering print reserve services for the summer at the Grainger Engineering Library Information Center and the Undergraduate Library. For Fall 2021 print reserves will resume at the Main Library circulation desk (Central Access Services).
Items may be returned at open libraries; please refer to the individual unit homepages for current hours. In addition, book drops are open.
Remote and in-person research consultations are available.
Appointments must be booked in advance by contacting a Library subject specialist.
When you come to the Library for your appointment, you will be asked to present your “Building Access Granted” status on the Safer Illinois app or via the boarding pass option.
Check out our LibGuide on assistive technology at https://guides.library.illinois.edu/usersdisabilities and our Accessibility and Assistive Technology page at https://guides.library.illinois.edu/accessibility-and-assistive-technology
- Campus COVID-19 Website
This is the central web resource provided by campus for the most current information about COVID-19 issues and campus operations.
- Coronavirus LibGuide
- Coronavirus News and Resources from the Carle Illinois Virtual Library
Libraries & Hours
Libraries and Hours
While many Library spaces are currently not open to the public, we are still here for you! Please see individual libraries, departments, and units listed below for additional information for those locations, including specific services, collections, and hours of operation.Email libraryPhone libraryMap LocationScanner availableColor printer availableFind coffee nearbyMTD bus routes
Emerging and Advanced TechnologiesFor more information on the Library's technological resources and innovations, check out our Library Emerging and Integrated Technologies Coordination (LEITC) page.
- News &Events