Easy Search(library catalog searh)
The University Library’s priority is to serve student and faculty needs while protecting the health and safety of the campus community. We’ve had to think creatively, knowing that some students and faculty are off campus, while others are opting for a residential experience. Here is a summary of our current services.
- Four additional locations open on June 14 for pickup of requests: Undergraduate Library; Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library; Music and Performing Arts Library; and Oak Street Library. These join the Grainger Engineering Library Information Center and Main Library (Marshall Gallery).
- The Marshall Gallery locker delivery service is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. For all other locations and services please refer to the individual unit homepages for current hours.
- More pickup locations and services will be added this summer.
- Remote reference and research consultations are available through the Ask a Librarian page.
- Library instruction is available remotely. Please contact a subject specialist or Ask a Librarian to schedule.
- Our Special Collections units are providing remote services and appointment-based, on-site access, as needed.
- Individual, quiet study spaces are available through advance booking in the Undergraduate Library and the Grainger Engineering Library Information Center.
For anything not addressed here, contact the Library at email@example.com.
We Can’t Wait to See You Soon!
While access to our buildings and spaces is currently limited, librarians and staff are ready and looking forward to helping you.
Last updated on June 10, 2021.
You may be denied access or asked to pay when you are trying to use materials that the Library has purchased or licensed. If this happens to you, use the following methods to access the resource:
- Connect via the Library website or a Library search interface.
- Use the proxy bookmarklet.
- Put the following text on the string at the beginning of the URL you are trying to access: https://www.library.illinois.edu/proxy/go.php?url=. For example: https://www.library.illinois.edu/proxy/go.php?url=https://www.jstor.org/stable/25432036
Connect using the campus VPN, but know that you may still be denied access. If that happens, use method 1, 2, or 3.
Patrons should submit requests through the Library’s online catalog.
Patrons must present both their valid i-card and a “Granted” building access status at the time and place of their appointment for pick up of their materials.
The University Library’s Interlibrary Loan service is requesting journal articles and items from other institutions but there may be delays in delivery, since many libraries are not lending items at this time. In addition, certain formats (e.g. microforms) may be held dependent on Library equipment and appointment availability. Borrowing of print items via I-Share has resumed.
The Library is offering print reserve services for the summer at the Grainger Engineering Library Information Center and the Undergraduate Library. For Fall 2021 print reserves will resume at the Main Library circulation desk (Central Access Services).
All campus community members (faculty, staff, and students) who come to Library-managed buildings or spaces to retrieve books or technology from locker pick-up, or to meet individuals in the Library for appointment-based services, must show both their valid i-card and a “Granted” building access entry status as “Granted” on the Safer Illinois app (or via the COVID-19 Boarding Pass option) in order to gain access.
Need to return an item from a campus library? The book drop at the Main Library is open and accepting UIUC (as well as I-Share and InterLibrary Loan) items! This is located on the outside of the Main Library building (south side of the building off of the E3 parking lot). The book drop at the Grainger Engineering Library Information Center is also open. At this time, patrons should refrain from bringing items into Library buildings.
While remote research assistance is preferred and strongly encouraged, in-person consultations are available.
Appointments must be booked in advance by contacting a Library subject specialist.
When you come to the Library for your appointment, you will be asked to present your “Building Access Granted” status on the Safer Illinois app or via the boarding pass option.
Printing will be available soon. Please check back for updates.
Check out our LibGuide on assistive technology at https://guides.library.illinois.edu/usersdisabilities and our Accessibility and Assistive Technology page at https://guides.library.illinois.edu/accessibility-and-assistive-technology
- Campus COVID-19 Website
This is the central web resource provided by campus for the most current information about COVID-19 issues and campus operations.
- Coronavirus LibGuide
- Coronavirus News and Resources from the Carle Illinois Virtual Library
Libraries & Hours
Libraries and Hours
While many Library spaces are currently not open to the public, we are still here for you! Please see individual libraries, departments, and units listed below for additional information for those locations, including specific services, collections, and hours of operation.Email libraryPhone libraryMap LocationScanner availableColor printer availableFind coffee nearbyMTD bus routes
Emerging and Advanced TechnologiesFor more information on the Library's technological resources and innovations, check out our Library Emerging and Integrated Technologies Coordination (LEITC) page.
- News &Events