There are currently two option available for embedding videos in the Library WordPress site. One of these solutions is using the Add Media button or the [embed] [/embed] shortcode. We recommend you use the ARVE (Advanced Responsive Video Embedder) when possible. ARVE is preferable over Add Media for videos for two reasons: (1) It will give you more control over video parameters, and (2) it will give users with a screen reader aditional attributes such as title.
How to Use ARVE
- Go to the Posts or Pages Edit Page
- Click on the Embed Video (ARVE) button — this will prompt the ARVE Details window to open.
- Add the video URL and title to the respective fields
- Choose any additional attributes you need
- Click at the bottom-right of the screen to insert the embedded video onto the page
- Optionally, you may enter the attribute below once the shortcode is inserted on the page
Supported Attributes and Shortcode Usage
For documentation on how to use the shortcode, and a complete list of available attributes please refer to the ARVE documentation
Native WordPress Method (Add Media)
- Click on the Add Media button
- Click on insert from URL