Guidelines on FAQs
LibAnswers is meant to help patrons find answers to common questions about the library. LibAnswer FAQs are in the form of questions and answers and can be re-used in multiple places in WordPress and LibGuides.
- Before you add a new FAQ, check to see if a similar one already exists.
- If one exists but you would like to add additional information to it, contact the owner of the FAQ.
- Use keywords patrons use.
- If you use library jargon in the answer, explain what it means or link to somewhere that explains what it means.
- Make FAQ questions specific to your subject discipline.
- General: Where can I find books?
- Specific: Where can I find biology books?
- Follow best web practices, as seen in the library’s Website Style Guide
LibAnswers has different Groups for different types of questions:
- General Information – meant to address questions about core content
- Departmental groups – questions related to a specific subject discipline or library
- Internal FAQs – these can only be access while you are logged in (meant for staff use, not patrons)