This is the University of Illinois Student Chapter of the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) ninth Sonia Math Day for 8th – 12th grade girls at Illinois! This fun filled day will be packed with activities, lunch, shirts, and mathematical prizes for participants. This fall we will explore math and magic.
The registration deadline was Friday, October 20.
Books on Display
- Complexities : women in mathematics / edited by Bettye Anne Case, Anne M. Leggett. (Math 510.820973 C738)
- It’s all done with numbers : astounding and confounding feats of mathematical magic / Rose Wyler and Gerald Ames ; illustrated by Carter Jones. (SSHEL Oak Street [Choose pick-up: SSHEL] S.793.74 W977I)
- Magic of mathematics : discovering the spell of mathematics / Theoni Pappas. (Oak Street Library [request online] )
- Magical mathematics : the mathematical ideas that animate great magic tricks / Persi Diaconis, Ron Graham ; with a foreword by Martin Gardner. (Undergrad GV1549 .D53 2012)
- Magical maze : seeing the world through mathematical eyes / Ian Stewart. (Math 510 St4m)
- Mathematical card magic : fifty-two new effects / Colm Mulcahy. (Math 519.3 M896m)
- Mathematical magic show : more puzzles, games, diversions, illusions & other mathematical sleight-of-mind from Scientific American / Martin Gardner ; with repartee from readers ; afterthoughts from the author. (Math 793.74 G18mat 1978)
- Mathematical mysteries : the beauty and magic of numbers / Calvin C. Clawson. (Math 512.7 C578M)
- Mathematics, its magic and mastery [by] Aaron Bakst. (Math 793.74 B17M)
- Modern women; an English rendering of Laura Marholm Hansson’s ‘Das buch der frauen’ by Hermione Ramsden. (Main Stacks 920.7 H199BER)
- Sonia Kovalevsky; biography and autobiography. I. Memoir by A.C. Leffler (Edgren) duchessa di Cajanello. II. Reminiscences of childhood written by herself. Translated into English by Louise von Cossel. (Oak Street Library [request online] B.K88 cEc)