Media Preservation projects are labor-intensive, not without hurdles; financial, lab, and personnel resources are customized to a project’s needs; a project can span from a few days to a few years. It is with great pride when a project reaches its end – the media safely stored in new housing, back in the hands of its caretakers, the digital surrogates deposited into the bit-depths of digital storage. And then…onto the next one.
This page is dedicated to those projects – both big and small – that challenged our resources and workflows, taught us new lessons, and sparked new projects to come into being.
- Illinois Campus Media Census
- Joseph T. Tykociner’s Sound Experiments (University Archives)
- WILL Radio Transcription Discs (WILL Radio Station/University Archives)
- Tim Nugent, “The Game Changer” (Big Ten News Network/University Archives)
- HPSCHD Audio Recordings (Sousa Archives and the Center for American Music)
- University Bands Films (Sousa Archives and the Center for American Music)
- Frank Skinner Movie Scores (Music & Performing Arts Library/Sousa Archives & the Center for American Music)