The Collections Care unit is part of the Library’s broader paper-based preservation program, with a particular focus on preventative preservation including environmental monitoring, integrated pest management, and stacks maintenance. Collections Care also leads disaster planning and emergency response within Preservation Services, and oversees commercial binding preparation. The unit serves as the first point of contact for treatment and repair of circulating paper-based collections.
Questions? Please contact us.
Resources for library staff
Staff login required.
- Care and handling of circulating collections (pdf): Preservation Guidelines for Circulation
- Send collections to Preservation Services for treatment, repair, pam binding, or library binding: Sending Materials to Preservation for Binding or Repair
- Report a pest sighting: IPM Pest Report Log
- Request insect monitoring traps: Preservation Supplies Request Form
- Request rain bags: Rain Bag Request Form
- Order preservation streamers: Preservation Supplies Request Form
- Report a water leak (pdf): How to Respond to a Water Leak in the Library
- Learn about the Library’s disaster response: UIUC Library Emergency Planning and Disaster Response Wiki