Get Help in MPAL
At the 1st floor desk
- Reference staff are available from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday during the regular school year. Other staff are available during all open hours. Hours during summer and interim sessions vary.
On the 2nd Floor
- Monday-Friday afternoons you can get help locating scores or requesting things from Special Collections at the 2nd floor service window.
Get Help From Afar
- Phone: (217) 333-7095 from 9am-5pm or (217) 333-1173 after 5pm
- Email: email@example.com
- Chat*: AskIllinois
- Text:* (217) 686-4361
*Chat and Text services are not staffed by librarians from the Music & Performing Arts Library.
Individual research appointments
Make an appointment by contacting the Music & Performing Arts Librarians via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, use our new scheduling software to view specific times available and request an appointment with one of our librarians:
Help with fines and overdue or lost items
Library-related matters such as circulation and fines questions can be directed to the Circulation Desk (217) 333-1173.
Mechanics of Research and Writing
Cite things properly
- Avoid Plagiarism
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Citing Music
- …more on citing sources
- Manage citations: overview of citation managers; help for Zotero, Mendeley, and EndNote
- Share files and data: U of I Box; Google Drive; DropBox
- Track library account(s): My Account (UIUC); ILL; Library Elf
Help Guides & Workshops
- Research Guides
- New Student Guide to MPAL
- International Student Guide to MPAL
- Savvy Researcher Workshops
- MPAL iPads
- Printing and scanning at MPAL
- Using the microfilm reader
- Why your flash drive may not work on our computers
- Use the Minrva app to search and locate items in the library