Access materials on reserve
Course reserves are located behind the MPAL Service Desk and may be retrieved by giving staff the item call number.
Place materials on reserve (instructors)
- Physical Reserves Instructions
- Physical Reserves Form
- Requests should be submitted using the form above at least one week prior to point of need to allow sufficient time for processing, including time to recall items which are checked-out. Completed forms can be submitted via email to Bill Buss (email@example.com) or a physical copy of the form can be dropped off at the Music & Performing Arts Library service desk. Additions to your list may be made throughout the year by contacting Bill Buss.
- Personal copies: Personally owned copies of books, scores, recordings, videos, journals or photocopies (within copyright compliance) may be placed on reserve at the owner’s risk.
- Acquiring new material for Reserves: If an item is not owned by the Libraries, we may be able to purchase a copy. While Reserve orders are RUSH processed (typically at 1.5 times the price), they may still take several weeks to arrive and be available for use. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries.
- Many of our online streaming resources allow you to create playlists for students or provide permalinks to individual tracks that can be used in Compass or elsewhere.
- For assistance digitizing audio files for course purposes, please contact David Butler in MPAL.
- For assistance with adding files or links to Compass, see Technology Services.