Civil Service employees in a trainee, apprentice, provisional, or status appointment, and all academic staff members are eligible for funeral/bereavement leave. Upon request, eligible employees are granted funeral/bereavement leave when informing their supervisor of the need. Substantiation of the reason for funeral/bereavement leave may be required. Please view the campus page for funeral/bereavement leave for more information.
Submitting bereavement leave on time sheet:
- Choose the funeral leave row and enter hours on the appropriate day. Paid funeral/bereavement leave may be used only on days an employee is scheduled to work.
- Enter hours for other days if needed
- Click Comments at the bottom of the page
- Enter comment – relationship to the deceased
- Click Save
- Click Previous Menu
- Click Submit for Approval to submit your time sheet