The Speaking Center offers free and personalized presentation and public speaking assistance for anyone at any stage of the presentation preparation process and any experience level.
What We Offer
The Speaking Center provides a variety of options for speakers working to improve their presentation and speaking skills. Learn more about our individual consultations, workshops, and miscellaneous resources below.
Work one-on-one with a trained Speaking Consultant and receive personalized support and feedback on your presentation. Appointments are open to all students and are available in one-hour slots. This option is best for:
- Students with specific concerns or questions about specific assignments or presentations.
- Students seeking personalized support, facing speech anxiety, or needing additional practice.
Learn more about general speaking skills and build better presentations for any purpose. We offer several workshops each semester open to anyone in the campus community. This option is best for:
- Students, faculty, and staff interested in improving general presentation and public speaking skills.
- Any member of the campus community interested in a particular workshop’s topic.
Share our resources with your classes or campus group! We happily provide syllabus language, handouts, and more for you to use how you wish. This option is best for:
- Faculty and staff wanting to include information about the Speaking Center in their course materials or schedule a class visit.
- Anyone seeking more information on general presentation topics and common concerns.