Welcome to the Library! Here’s a short guide to get started with the technology services available to you at University of Illinois. Please contact the Help Desk at 217-244-4688 or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Setting up accounts and services
- First, go through Technology Services’s steps to set up your campus accounts including your NetID, and email and calendar. After these accounts are set up, you can be added into Library systems.
- If you are a full-time Faculty or Academic Professional employee and are interested in participating in the CTAP program for laptops, read through the guide and fill out the request form. You will be given a standard desktop workstation when you start, and after you have time to settle in and see what technology needs your job requires, we will meet to discuss computing options.
- When your NetID is activated, please send it to us at email@example.com, so that we can add you into Library systems. The Help Desk’s Accounts and Services page lists accounts and services Library employees have access to.
- Complete the E911 Acknowledgement form. It’s online and takes 5 minutes. Once the form is submitted, email the Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know the form is complete, along with your NetID (this can be combined with the email mentioned in step 3). Then we can set up your Lync/Skype for Business account, which will be your phone account.
- Request a Lync phone device for your desk. Demo models are also available at the Help Desk.
- Supervisors can place a request for access to Voyager for cataloging, acquisitions, or circulation.
- After you start, you can report technology issues and submit requests to the Help Desk by sending a ticket through OTRS.
- Get your iCard. It is used to access some University buildings, local buses, and also to check out books!
- Access to conference room computers and edit the website require training before permissions are added. Please check the staff calendar for upcoming training sessions or contact the Help Desk to set one up.
- Questions? Contact the Help Desk at 217-244-4688 or email us at email@example.com.
Library IT Help Desk – We’ll help you get set up with your system permissions in the Library and can guide you where to obtain other campus permissions. We also view technology requests and problems and direct them to appropriate groups within Library IT.
Technology Services – Technology Services, formerly known as CITES, is the campus technology provider. They can help you with setting up your NetID, email, and connecting to wifi on campus. They also have a useful guide for incoming employees with information on the campus-wide services available to all employees.