Below are some details about the computers and technology in the instructional classroom 509 Funk ACES Library.
Instructors – Please make sure to test any application(s) you plan to use for instruction at least a few weeks prior to your instruction. If there are application problems, then please submit an OTRS ticket. Remember any software updates are done annually at the beginning of the summer.
- Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Operating System
- 8 GB memory (RAM)
- DVD rewritable
- Instructor unit – HP Compaq Elite 8300 Ultra Slim Desktop
- Intel Core i5-3570S at 3.10GHz
- 21.5 inch monitor
- Student units – HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-In-One Desktop PC
- Intel Core i5-3570S at 3.40GHz
- 23 inch monitor
- Built-in camera at the top of the monitor
- External speaker bar is turned off; only headphones work
- Instructor computer
- 2 USB 2.0 ports on the left side of the monitor
- IP phone, not connected to instructor computer
- Projector, ceiling mounted
- Document camera/transparency projector
- DVD/CD drive within the instructor computer
- VHS player
- Laptop connection to the projector, VGA cable only
Other Room Features
- 1 instructor computer
- 30 student computers
- Projector screen controls are located by the main entrance door in room 509 ACES, projector switch says up/down
- Banked lighting switch by the main entrance door
Windows 10 note – Problems finding an application?, type in the application name within the Search icon located next to the start menu; bottom left corner of the screen.
- Accessibility software, applications are listed alphabetically within the start menu, there is no Accessibility Software folder
- Dolphin EasyReader
- Kurzweil 3000
- Zoom Text
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- ARTstor – OIV (OIV folder)
- Blackboard Collaborate Launcher (instructor unit only)
- Google Chrome
- Google Earth Pro
- Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 version of Internet Explorer)
- Microsoft Office, applications are listed alphabetically within the start menu, there is no Microsoft Office folder
- Outlook – use Webmail (Microsoft Outlook Web App)
- Skype for Business (instructor unit only – im-ing only, no audio)
- Mozilla Firefox
- OCLC Connexion
- TurningPoint Technologies, library clicker software (Turning Technologies, LLC folder)
- VLC Media Player (VideoLAN folder)
- Windows Media Player
Please contact the Library IT Help Desk (217-244-4688) about any questions or problems regarding the equipment.
Go to the Funk ACES Library Room Reservations page.
Go to the Funk ACES Room 509 Library Instruction Classroom page for usage and equipment details.
Return to the Library Room Reservation page.