Funk Library Group Study Rooms
Funk Library has six group study rooms located on the 3rd and 4th floors. Students may reserve study rooms using the online room reservation system (requires an Illinois NetID and password). If you need assistance with reservations, please call the Funk Library Circulation Desk at 217-333-2416 or stop by the library desk.
- All study rooms contain a table, whiteboard, and several chairs.
- Dry-erase markers are available; present your i-card at the Circulation Desk at the time of your reservation to borrow them.
- Room 309 includes a large display monitor with a remote and wireless laptop connection using Solstice. Present your i-card at the Circulation Desk at the time of your reservation to borrow the remote and monitor instructions for room 309.
- Rooms 301, 305, 309, 401, 405, and 409 may be reserved online (Illinois NetID and password required)
- Rooms may be reserved by anyone with an illinois.edu email address in 30 minute increments, up to a maximum of two hours.
- Arrive within 15 minutes of your reserved start time, or your entire reservation will be forfeited.
- Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- Patrons are allowed only two active reservations per week at Funk Library.
- Unreserved rooms may be used on a first come, first served basis.
- Food is not allowed in the study rooms. Non-alcoholic beverages are allowed in spill-proof containers
See Study Spaces Throughout the University Library to find more study spaces.
Spaces for Library Staff
The library has one conference room, room 206, located on the 2nd floor. Reservations are restricted to University Library staff. Request reservations through Outlook Calendar.
See the Room 206 information page for details about the space and equipment, use guidelines, and reservations.
A newly renovated room on the 5th floor is available for Library staff including graduate assistants to conduct library Zoom instruction sessions.
See the Room 505 information page for details about the space and equipment, use, and reservations.
The Funk ACES instruction lab, room 509, has been renovated and is available for instruction for the Fall 2022 semester. Library staff may request reservations by emailing email@example.com. See the Room 509 information page for details about the space and usage guidelines.
NOTE: If you would like to request librarian-led instruction for your class, please contact us through our online form or by phone: 244-2249.
College of ACES spaces
There are event and instruction spaces in the building that are managed by the College of ACES. See the links below for reservation information on these spaces.