- Need a mechanism to report cleaning problems (Facilities OTRS queue?)
- Request for variety in seating and in individual / group workspaces for users
- Homeless patrons sometimes disrupt patrons who are working
- More conference rooms and group work tables needed (although specific locations not called out)
- Need for seating/working comfort is important—not always resolved with “modern” seating
- Need more natural lighting or lighting that simulates natural in staff workspaces
- Facilities ticketing system works well
- Not knowing when furniture and equipment requests will be taken care of causes staff morale issues
- Some staff areas are not cleaned often enough, especially those where there is collections processing (dust).
- In shared workspaces, need to identify places for staff to store personal items while they are working.
- Need guidelines for personalizing shared workspace—CAM is a good example of how this works well.
- Flexible work spaces accommodate changing workflows. Oak Street facility is an example of how this works well; Circulation split service desk is awkward; some Funk ACES workspaces are “too open.”
- Cleaning days are great; request for “electronic” cleaning day.
- Staff break space too far from some work areas; too isolated from rest of library.
Library Administration, Library Facilities, Library IT, AC
Hiring Plan Impact:
Immediate (0-1 yrs.): none
Adjacencies with other Topical Areas: