The university library subscribes to several serials and newspapers on South Asia studies in vernacular and European languages. Most of the European languages titles are available in Main library as well as in departmental libraries.
Beside a number of Online Serials , some select titles are displayed in the Asian Library Reading Room (Room 323). They include:
- Asian News Digest: Weekly record on governance, economy, development, human rights, and environment.
- Femina: Monthly.
- Frontline: Bi-weekly.
- Hinduism Today: Monthly.
- Indian Book Chronicle: Monthly.
- India Perspectives: Monthly.
- India Review: Monthly.
- India Today: Weekly.
- Journal of South Asian and Middle Eastern Studies: Quarterly.
- Journal of South Asian Literature: Semi-annual.
- Kalaimakaḷ (Tamil): Monthly.
- Mother India: Monthly review of culture: Monthly.
- Outlook: Weekly
- Seminar: Monthly.
Library patrons at the University of Illinois can also access ABI/Inform, Academic Search Elite, EBSCO, ERIC, JSTOR, Lexis-Nexis, Social Sciences Abstracts and other sources to find online information on South Asian topics in full-text through the Library Gateway.