The International and Area Studies Library is in the Main Library at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Our address is 1408 West Gregory Drive, Urbana, IL 61801. (Map)
The IAS Library is on the 3rd floor of the Main Library, near the stairwell that originates in the building’s south entrance lobby. For floor plans of the Main Library, please refer to the Facility Access Maps. Our circulation desk is in Room 321.
For floor plans and access tips, please see the campus Facility Access Maps. For patrons that prefer elevators automatic entry doors, we recommend:
- Enter the building through the northwest door via the ramp to the parking lot.
- Head down the hallway until you reach the elevator (right-hand side).
- Take the elevator to the third floor.
- Go right until you reach the hallway junction, then head right again (south).
- The IAS Library is on the left-hand side, near the end of the hallway.
Please note that, because the Main Library’s 3rd floor is split into two section that are not connected, the elevator on the east side of the building (near the Marshall Gallery and the east-side ramped entry) has no access to the IAS Library.
There are 5 designated accessible parking spaces in Lot E3. Unrestricted metered parking is available in lot E3 and along Sixth Street, south of Armory Street.