Indicates UIUC access only: must be on university network or able to authenticate using NetID
- Global Urban Observatory
A statistical unit of the United Nations monitoring and supporting data collection for urban indicators (economic, environment, social, health, transport, and other data). This unit also maintains the Global Urban Indicator database and compiles, analyzes, and publishes urban indicator data.
HNPStats (short for Health, Nutrition and Population Statistics) offers country data sheets showing summary indicators for health status, health determinants, and health finance. From the World Bank Group.
- Human Development Report Library
Statisitics from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Human Development Reports covering 1990 – present, as well as the full-text national human development reports from over 250 countries and regions worldwide.
- International Justice Statistics
From the U.S. Department of Justice, a collection of resources on international crime and justice.
- International Narcotics Control Board Analysis and Statistics
Narcotics statistics for 2002 as well as estimated world requirements for 2004. Also includes data on psychtropic substances.
- International Study on Firearm Regulation
Includes data collected in 1997 and 1999 from countries on topics such as criminal cases, accidents, and suicides in which firearms are involved. From the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
Includes income/consumption surveys, data from World Bank poverty assessments, poverty assessment summaries, social indicator tables, and news on upcoming statistical activities.
- World Bank DataBank
This World Bank database provides a wide range of socioeconomic, financial, environmental, and health-related data for 1960 to the present. Database interface allows you to create your own data tables for countries of your choosing.
- Statistics and Research Sources (for International Crime and Justice)
A collection of recommended sources from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes.
- UNICEF Country Statistics
Economic and social statistics on the countries and territories of the world, with particular reference to children’s well-being. Combined international statistics are available in the annual report The State of the World’s Children.
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe: Environmental and Human Settlements Database
United Nations data on housing and building statistics in Europe, from the ECE Bulletin of Housing and Building statistics. Data from 1990 to present for 53 countries.
- United Nations Surveys of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems
Data on the incidence of reported crime and the operations of criminal justice systems. Includes data sets for 1970 to 2000 (see “Survey Waves” section at bottom of page).
- World Development Indicators WDI Online comprises more than 550 indicators in 80 tables, organized in six sections: World View, People, Environment, Economy, States and Markets, and Global Links. The tables cover 148 economies and 14 country groups, with basic indicators for a further 59 economies. The data goes back to 1960.
- World Income Inequality Database
Information on income inequality for developed, developing, and transition countries (over 140 countries in total) in an easily retrievable, exportable, and analyzable format. Data is at both cross-country and time series levels over the period 1950-98, with a particular focus on the period since 1980. A new version of the database is expected to be available in Fall 2004. From the World Institute for Development Economics Research.