ShuYong JIANG, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Library Administration
Chinese Studies Librarian
New Chinese Studies books
- Academia Sinica Ancient Texts 漢籍電子文獻和電子全文檢索系統 –The Library does not subscribe to these databases. The site offer limited free full text search and retrieval of the Thirteen Chinese Classics, and Twenty-five Histories, and other Chinese ancient texts.
- Airiti Library 華藝線上圖書館 The Airiti Library contains over 5,600 types of academic journals included in international citation index databases such as the Science Citation Index, Social Sciences Citation Index, Ei Compendex, CA, Taiwan Social Sciences Citation Index, MEDLINE, Chinese Social Sciences Citation Index and Chinese Science Citation Database, the guide to Chinese core periodicals and pertinent index citation journals.
- China Local Gazetteers (CLG) 中国新方志数据库 cover gazetteers published in China since 1949
- China-US Million Book Digital Library Project 高等学校中英文图书数字化国际合作计划 –Part of the Million Book Project. The Collection includes works mainly from sixteen academic libraries in China, with limited access to full text of historical collections, such as the Xu xiu Si ku quan shu 續修四庫全書. Installation of the DjVu viewer is necessary to view the texts. Currently, texts are not searchable.
- CHinese ANcient Texts Database (CHANT) 漢達文庫 –30-day free trial of the CHANT Trial Database is offered. It contains 10% of the whole CHANT Database. To become a trial subscriber, please read carefully and accept the CHANT Trial Database Subscription Agreement, and fill out the registration form later.
- Chinese e-books (中文集献) [Trial ends April 30, 2009] [campus IP address required] — Users’ Guide — Chinamaxx houses a collection of 780,000 titles of Chinese publications, a large proportion of which are books published since 1949 and a few are from earlier years. About 35,000 new titles are added each year.Its wide range of subjects covers all academic disciplines, with an emphasis on the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Digital Archive of Rare Books 善本古籍數位典藏系統
- Duxiu Academic Search (读秀) [Trial ends April 30, 2009] [campus IP address required] — Users’ Guide –Duxiu Academic Search is the largest search engine and document delivery system for Chinese books. It allows to search more than 2 million Chinese books and 600 million pages of information and displays 10% content.
- OriProbe Information Services — includes two open access databases: China Legal Access (CLASS), China Business Reference (ChinaBref) and pay per use journal articles database China/Asia on Demand (CAOD)
- Rare Books Image Search System 古籍影像檢索系統
- Shen Bao Digital Archive 申报– Online access to the most influential and longest lasting commercial newspaper of pre-1949 China.
- Siku Quanshu (Wenyuange Edition) Online Subscription Services (文淵閣四庫全書電子版) — Siku Quanshu itself is a gigantic Chinese database in the study of Chinese cultural history. The digitization project of Siku Quanshu (Wenyuange Edition) converted this entire collection into an electronic format.This is a client database for current students, faculty, and staff of this campus ONLY. For name and password, please contact Wendy Allen Shelburne, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use IE to download.
- Union Catalog of Rare Books Database 中文古籍聯合目錄
- Academic Conferences in China (ACIC) 中国学术会议论文数据库 covering all major conferences since 1986
- Dissertations of China (DOC) 中国学位论文数据库 Document delivery service is available upon request
- Foreign Sinologists Dissertation Abstract Database 典藏國際漢學博士論文摘要資料庫
- Dissertations and Theses Collections (The University of Hong Kong Theses)
- CUHK Theses (Chinese University of Hong Kong Electronic Theses & Dissertations Collection)
- National Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations in Taiwan 臺灣博碩士論文知識加值系統 — Article database with abstracts for dissertations and theses from Taiwanese universities and colleges. Abstracts, table of contents and references are included. Titles are available in English.
- PerioPath: Index to Taiwan Periodical Literature System
- China Academic Journals (CAJ) [campus IP address required] –The subject series in this database that the Library subscribes to include: Series F: Literature, Philosophy, History, Archaeology, Music, Arts, Sports, Folk Custom, Language, Characters, News; Series G: Economics, Commerce and Trade, Finance, Insurance, Politics, Foreign Affairs, Military Affairs, Law; Series H: Education, Society, Psychology, Nation, Religion, Population, Talent, Books, Information, College Journal (Social Science Edition). If experiencing any difficulty, contact the East View, email@example.com
- China Online Journals (COJ) 中国数字化期刊全文数据库
- National Index to Chinese Newspapers 民国时期期刊全文数据库(1911～1949)