There are three types of reserves: print reserves (physical books), media reserves (DVD and VHS), and electronic reserves (scanned articles or book chapters). You can find all types by using the searching for reserves page. If you are having trouble locating your reserves or have any other questions, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian.
Print & Media Reserves
- Check the Location of your reserve! Most items are at the Undergraduate Library, other reserve locations are:
- ACES (Funk ACES Library)
- Central Circulation (Main Library)
- Chemistry Reserves (Chemistry Library)
- Communications Reserves (Communications Library)
- Engineering Reserves (Grainger)
- Math Reserves (Math Library)
- Music & Performing Arts Reserves (Music & Performing Arts Library)
- SSHEL (Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library)
- Write down the Call Number so your item can be located.
- You must have your I-Card to check out any Reserve materials.
- Most materials are loaned out for 2 hours, and must be used in the building.
- If you can't find your instructor in the drop-down list try looking in the list of courses, and vice versa.
- When accessing e-reserves off campus:
- You will need to identify yourself with your NetID and your Active Directory password.
- After clicking "View the document," if all you get is a blank screen, it's likely a problem with Adobe Acrobat. Even if you have the latest version installed on your computer, try downloading the newest version at the bottom of the "View the document" page.