Types of Reserves
There are three types of reserves:
- print reserves (physical books)
- media reserves (DVD and VHS)
- electronic reserves (scanned articles or book chapters)
You can find all types by using the searching for reserves page.
If you are having trouble locating your reserves or have any other questions, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian.
Print & Media Reserves
- Check the Location of your reserve! Most items are at the Undergraduate Library, but materials are held at many other locations including:
- ACES (Funk ACES Library)
- Central Circulation (Main Library)
- Chemistry Reserves (Chemistry Library)
- Communications Reserves (Communications Library)
- Engineering Reserves (Grainger)
- Math Reserves (Math Library)
- Music & Performing Arts Reserves (Music & Performing Arts Library)
- SSHEL (Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library)
- Write down the Call Number so your item can be located.
- You must have your I-Card to check out any Reserve materials.
- Most materials are loaned out for a limited period of time and must be used in the building.
*Note, when you first login to the new system, your courses will not be available until the information is updated.
The system updates at: 2:30 AM, 6:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 2:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 10:30 PM
- Your login is your netID and your netID password
- You must login prior to accessing reserve materials and allow time for the system to update. See Note above.
- Take advantage of tags and tagging to organize your materials
- Take advantage of the HotList to organize your materials
Need more detailed help? Visit the E-Reserves User Guide for help.
If you need help searching for reserves, Ask a Librarian!