Checking Out Reserves
Checking Out Print Reserves
Procedure for Requesting Print Reserve Materials
- Search the Course Reserves section of the online catalog for the items you need. For assistance
- Write down the complete call number for each item you need. You may check out up to three at a
- Give the call numbers to the employee at the Undergraduate Library Information Services
- Please have your I-Card ready.
- The employee will retrieve the materials and charge them out to you.
- All Reserve materials must be returned directly to the Undergraduate Library Information
Services desk to avoid overdue fines.
Media materials on reserve circulate to students and most other patron groups for building-use
only. Reservations may be made in advance for media materials on reserve by contacting the
Undergraduate Library Information Services desk.
Faculty and Instructors:
Based on faculty feedback regarding loan periods for media on reserve, we have extended the
maximum loan period for faculty and instructors to 4 days with no renewals:
- A faculty member can pick up a reserve media item on Monday, for example, and use it through
Friday to accommodate multiple course sections.
- We ask that faculty and instructors make these reservations as early as possible and only
request the amount of time needed, up to 4 days.
- Personal copies on reserve may only leave the building with the owning patron.
- Please note that placing a media item on reserve does not preclude other faculty/instructors
from making use of that title throughout the semester, though it does prevent undergraduate
students from taking it out of the Undergraduate Library.