We have laptops! UIUC students, faculty, and staff can check these out to help with research,
writing a paper, watching a for DVD class, or whatever else you need to do. The Undergrad currently
has 20 PC laptops and 20 MacBookPros available.
How to get one
- Loanable Laptops are available at the Undergrad Library Information Services Desk.
- PC laptops have the
same software as our library PCs,
including web browsers, Mircosoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- MacBookPros have Office for Mac 2011, the iLife suite and the standard Mac utilities
- All laptops are able to use the campus wireless network in the library (requires NetID
- They can be checked out for up to 2 hours. There are no renewals. Overdue fees are
- Power cords and USB mice for the laptops are also available at the desk for the same check-out
- Laptops are available on a first come, first served basis. They cannot be reserved.
- Laptops cannot leave the building.
Troubleshooting wireless connections on the PC laptops
- There is a dedicated wireless button below and to the right of the Power button, just above the
F1-F12 keys on the keyboard. It should have a blue light next to it if it is on.
- If there is no blue light, press the button, then click on the "Wireless VLan" icon in the
System Try (lower right on screen). This should Indicate that the Wireless VLan is on.
- Click on the Wireless network icon in the system tray (next to the Wireless VLan) and click the
link to search for networks.
- It should find "UIUCNet Wireless Network." Click Connect.
- Start a browser to see if you are now online.