The following list describes the software and computer features available on the dual monitor lab workstations in the Scholarly Commons Room 220 Main Library.
Software updates – Campus wide software updates will follow shortly after when campus applies and makes those updates available.
Windows Computer Information
Dell Precision 3630 Tower
- Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Operating System
- 3.60GHz Intel Core i7-9700k
- 32 GB RAM
- Dual 27 inch monitors
- Only headphones work
- ABBYY FineReader
- Accessibility software, applications are listed alphabetically within the start menu, there is no Accessibility Software folder
- Dolphin EasyReader
- Kurzweil 3000
- Acrobat Pro
- Media Encoder
- ArcGIS Pro
- GIMP 2
- Google Chrome
- Google Earth Pro
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- Mendeley Desktop
- Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 version of Internet Explorer)
- Microsoft Office, applications are listed alphabetically within the start menu; there is no Microsoft Office folder
- Outlook – use Webmail (Microsoft Outlook Web App)
- Mozilla Firefox
- OCLC Connexion Client
- Oxygen XML Editor
- QSR Nvivo (QSR folder)
- Grass GIS
- SAGA GIS
- Tableau Public
- VLC Media Player (VideoLAN folder)
- Windows Media Player
- Zotero Standalone
Please contact the Library IT Help Desk (217-244-4688) about any questions or problems regarding the equipment.
Go to the library Room 314 Main software list page.
Go to the library room reservation page.
Other Applications and Remote Access for Students
Need another application or remote access? Try UIUC AnyWare, this is a virtual desktop environment provided by Technology Services allowing students to access software whether remote, on campus, or in class.
- See the UIUC AnyWare Software List for applications that can be accessed remotely
- Technology Services’ overview on UIUC AnyWare
- Students can access UIUC AnyWare on multiple devices and operating systems including Windows, MacOS, and Linux, iOS, and Android