Migration to Microsoft Teams
- Technology Services will migrate phone accounts from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams on May 17, 2023.
- After the migration, Skype for Business will no longer be available and calling will only be available in Microsoft Teams.
- Microsoft Teams is currently available for use to communicate with people within UIUC. Calling features will be available only after the migration is complete.
- More information about the project is on Technology Services website.
Phone Accounts, Phones, and Training
- Check here to see if your phone account is enabled: MyUC
- Log a ticket to request phone accounts for existing employees who don’t have them or for new employees. Include name, Net ID, and unit name.
- Unit heads or the individual can order personal phone devices.
- Each phone device comes with documentation.
- Free online training is available.
- Full-time employees have long-distance phone privileges by default. Other staff with phone accounts will have local calling privileges with access to toll free 1-800 numbers. Unit heads may request long distance and international calling permissions where needed.