Naseej Academy Grant to Attend the Mortenson Center Associates Program
About the grant
The Naseej Academy Grant to Attend the Mortenson Center Associates Program was developed to support the region’s knowledge community by sponsoring a professional working in the field of libraries, information centers and archival institutions in the Arab World, to attend the Mortenson Center Associates Program.
Grant’s Terms to apply
- Current employment in a library, information center, or archive, with minimum three years’ experience.
- Commitment to furthering the Mortenson Center’s mission within the participant’s own country.
- Willingness and ability to share what is learned while at the Mortenson Center with others in the participant’s home country.
- Participants should be fluent in conversational English and possess a reading knowledge of English. This program is delivered in English only.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment of the participant’s home institution to supporting sharing activity (training seminars, workshops, etc.).
Application deadline for the 2023 Naseej Academy Grant: November 25, 2022
A jury panel composed of scholars, experts, members from Naseej Academy board, and the Mortenson Center for International Library Programs, will review and evaluate the applications. Next, the jury will interview the pre-selected candidates to select the final winner.
2023 application: https://www.naseej.com/naseej-academy-2023-mortenson-grant/
Naseej Academy Grant Winners
- Mr. Muneer Nasser Obaid Albattashi,
- Oman Virtual Science Library (Masader) Director at The Research Council, Sultanate of Oman. Visit Mr. Muneer’s Blog here.
- Ms. Fatima N. H. A. Alqaoud,
- Head of Library Systems & Technology Unit at Kuwait University Kuwait. Visit Ms. Fatima’s Blog here.
Ms. Mona Mansour Al Buhamaid,
National Book Library Specialist, Essa Cultural Center, Kingdom of Bahrain. Visit Ms. Mona’s Blog here.
Ms. Seham Kazem Abdul Rahman Al-Ostaz
Director of Technical Affairs and Research, Ministry of Education, Kuwait Library Department, Kuwait. Visit Ms. Seham’s Blog here.
- Nehad Ali Said AL Hadi,
- Librarian at Main Library, Sultan Qaboos University, Sultanate of Oman. Visit Ms. Nehad’s Blog here.
- Mr. Mohannad Salameh AlKhalialeh,
- Manager of Studies and Information Department at the University of Jordan Library, Jordan. Visit Mr. Mohannad’s Blog here.
- Mr. Walid bin Ali bin Salem,
- President of Oman Libraries Association, Sultanate of Oman. Visit Mr. Walid’s Blog here.
- Ms. Dalal Abdul Qawi Muhammad Qassim,
- Information Specialist, Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), United Arab Emirates.