Looking to gain practical experience in a busy departmental academic library?
The History, Philosophy and Newspaper Library (HPNL) is seeking volunteers to provide support for our projects and services. This is a perfect opportunity for current GSLIS students.
Volunteers at HPNL are expected to commit to a mutually agreed-upon schedule (minimum 5 hours/week) during regular business hours (M-F, 9am-5pm). Assigned duties will be commensurate with background, skills, and time commitment, and may include:
- Shelving of books and microfilm
- Providing circulation desk support
- Assisting patrons with finding materials or using library equipment
- Providing support for newspaper digitization activities and other digital library initiatives (e.g. OCR correction)
- Assisting with stacks maintenance (e.g. cleaning, shelf reading)
- Assisting with special projects
Strong service orientation; ability to communicate effectively; ability to work in a team environment; Current GSLIS student status
Please send a resume and short cover letter via email to email@example.com .