This web page serves as a research guide for anyone interested in African Literature and Theater. The following are electronic resources. To find our collection of print-only resources, click here.
- Contemporary Postcolonial and Postimperial Literature in English
Originally developed for students in his courses at Brown University, Professor George Landow invites contributions to his site.
- Onshita Market Literature Digital Library of Popular Nigerian Literature
Hosted by the University of Kansas Library.
- "Annual Bibliography of Commonwealth literature." In Journal of Commonwealth Literature.
- African Language Materials Archive (ALMA)
The African Language Materials Archive, or ALMA, is a multi-partner project focusing on the promotion and documentation of literature and literacy in the languages of Africa. It further serves to assist African language authors and publishers in publicizing and distributing their work.
- Reading African Women Writers
From the University of Western Australia. Includes A Bibliography of Lusophone Women Writers and a Bibliography of Anglophone Women Writers.
- African Studies Centre (Leiden) Database
- African Women's Bibliographic Database
- Africana Periodical Literature Bibliographic Database
- Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index
- Black Drama
- MLA International Bibliography