- The Dean, in consultation with EC, establishes how long the interim position will last; usually at least one year.
- EC determines the duties that will be covered by the interim position.
- A call goes out to the Faculty asking if anyone is interested in applying for the position; usually giving individuals two-weeks to respond.
- Interviews are set up between EC and the individual
- EC has created a set of interview questions that may be used.
- As a result of the process, a recommendation is made to the Dean, therefore interviews do not normally include the Dean.
- The AUL responsible for the area covered by the interim position will have a ½ hour interview with the individual, typically on the same day that EC interviews the individual.
- EC makes a recommendation to the Dean.
- The Dean contacts all applicants to let them know if they have been chosen for the interim position, or not.
Approved by EC 10/3/2016