The Library follows the University Policy on Donations from Employees in Support of Their Own Programs with the following points of clarification.
- This policy covers donations for professional scholarly pursuits and does not apply to library collections or library services.
- Funds may be used for professional and scholarly society memberships, attendance at professional and scholarly meetings, and expenses incurred while pursuing research. In addition, funds may be directed towards the purchase of equipment needed in the pursuit of research although all such equipment acquired remains the property of the University of Illinois Library.
- Funds may not be used for salaries or wages either for the donor or for any other individual employed by the University of Illinois.
- Funds may not be used for travel in which any part of the trip would involve consulting or any other activity that could be construed as personal business.
- Funds may not be used for airfare in which vacations or consulting are appended to the travel.
- Funds may not be used in anyway towards consulting activities.
- All proposed expenditures must be reviewed in advance by the University Librarian or the Associate University Librarian for Planning and Budgeting.
- Appended to the Employee Donor Agreement Form is to be a list of proposed types of expenditures for which the funds are to be used.
- Three percent of the donation is provided to the Library Business Office to cover administrative costs.
Approved by the Executive Committee: February 10, 2003