- Click on “File” in the top menu.
- Click the “Add Account” button.
- In the pop-up dialog, enter the email address of the shared mailbox (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and then click “Connect”
- The shibboleth login window pops up prefilled with the shared email address that you just entered, replace the shared email with your personal email@example.com email, enter your NetID password, and click “Sign in“.
- It’ll ask you to verify with Two Factor Authentication (2FA), do that.
- A confirmation window pops up, click “Done“.
- Restart Outlook, scroll down and you’ll see the shared mailbox has been added.
- Click on “File” in the top menu and then click the “Add Account” button.
- In the “Add Account” window, type the shared mailbox address* into the Email Address field. Leave other fields blank and click “Next“.
Shared mailbox address is different from the email address of the shared mailbox, for example:
- Shared mailbox address: UI-LIB-UGL@mx.uillinois.edu (this is what you need to enter)
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait until you’re prompted for log in, then erase the shared email address and enter your own email address, AD password, check “Remember my credentials” and click OK.
- You’ll return to the “Add Account” window, click”Finish“.
- Click OK when you’re warned to restart Outlook.
- Restart Outlook to access the new mailbox, if you receive an error message or don’t see any emails, restart your computer and launch Outlook again.
Outlook Online (outlook.office365.com)
- After logging into your Illinois email account, click on the user icon in the top right corner, and select “Open another mailbox…“.
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox you’d like to access, and press enter.
- The shared mailbox should open, and you can check and send emails.