Time and Location of Meeting
February 25, 2019
Agenda not yet available.
February 25, 2019
Attending: John Wilkin, chair; David Ward, vice-chair; Mary Laskowski, secretary; Paula Carns, William Maher, Bill Mischo, Lynne Rudasill; Nancy O’Brien
- 2:00pm – Library’s hiring goals for diversity – Paula Carns, Cindy Ingold John, Paula and Cindy met with the Office of Equity and Access to discuss hiring goals for diversity across all types of employees. Cindy is a member of the Diversity Realized at Illinois Visioning Excellence (DRIVE) committee, looking at improving diversity recruitment for faculty in particular. The Library needs to set new goals for underrepresented minority hiring in tenure-track faculty. The previous goal for faculty was for 23% representation by URM faculty, and the Library was at 16.44%. The new goal suggested for faculty hiring is an increase of 15% over existing levels, which would be 19% overall. EC approved of the recommendation.
- Approve minutes – February 11
Motion to approve by Lynne Rudasill, seconded by Paula Carns.
- Question Time
John expressed appreciation for the engaging visit from the Provost.
Brief discussion relating to the role of IT in decisions regarding library services. Service decisions need to include perspectives from the users.
Bill Mischo will take back to the strategic planning group a few suggestions about the process.
Campus committee for the building project is still not formed. John will follow up at his next meeting with the Provost. The Senate Committee on the Library has some suggestions for people and the charge.
John met with Sara Holder and Merinda Hensley regarding the Resident Program, and is committed to continuing to support the program in the future.
- Budget Document The budget is getting closer to approval, a few specific corrections/additions were suggested.
- Charge for “220 Exploratory Use Team” – replacing the “220 Implementation” committee Charge and change in name are approved.
- Reviewer for 5y
EC selected a replacement reviewer.
- Position Request
EC sent back to the search committee for further revision.
- AUL annual reports EC discussed the process for AUL review.
- Job Description
EC approved pending revision.