We’re Moving! Loanable Tech is closed for the summer.
See Hours section below for more info
For a complete list of all the items in our Loanable Technology program – click here
In Library Use (2 Hour) Now at the Circulation Desk!
All your technology needs while you study or meet with a group in the UGL. Including device chargers and headphones
Need to capture that perfect image or record a video? We have a wide range of DSLR and camcorders.
Already have a camera or just need some extra gear for your video shoot? We’ve got you covered.
When you need to take a break from all that learning, reward yourself with a gaming session.
Loanable Technology Desk Hours
The Loanable Technology desk is closed for the summer.
We’re Moving! The Loanable Technology Desk at the UGL location closed permanently on Friday, May 13. We’re currently in the process of moving to the third floor of Main Library.
RETURNS Starting Monday, May 16th, Loanable Technology can be returned to Room 220 in Main Library Monday through Friday, 12pm-5pm. Please contact UGL Billing with any return questions.
Pro-Gear Rental Hours
During the Semester (closed Summer 2022):
- Monday-Friday: 1:00pm-5:00pm
Loanable Technology Policies and Procedures
Loanable Technology Checkout Procedure
- Technology is available for booking. Book in advance for contactless locker pickup, or visit the Loanable Technology Desk on the upper level of the UGL for walk-up service.
- To pick up equipment at the Tech Desk, patrons must have a valid i-card.
- In general, patrons may only book one item per category at a time. Email email@example.com with questions.
- All unclaimed bookings expire at the end of the first day.
- All users must agree to our terms and conditions at time of booking.
- NEW this academic year
- Two-hour in-library use items are available at the Circulation Desk for checkout with an active i-card
- Locker pickup! Items booked in advance will be processed, assigned a locker for self pickup, and available as soon as the Tech Desk opens. No need to wait in line, and pick up your items even after the Tech Desk closes! Lockers are located on the upper level of the UGL between the Circ and Tech desks.
Loanable Technology Returns
- Please do not place technology in library book drops
- Items must be returned in person to the Loanable Technology Desk on the upper level or mailed to the UGL (see below)
- Items will not be discharged until after the tech desk receives and processes the items, which will mean a very minimal delay of discharge from your account.
- To return items via mail, please package appropriately, include your netid and library number, and list the address on the package as:
Attn: UGL Loanable TechnologyUndergraduate Library1402 West Gregory DriveUrbana IL 61801
- Billing question? Please contact UGL Billing
- General Loanable Tech items: up to 10 days
- College of Media items: up to 3 days
- Overdue fines are $15/day
- No renewals
All Policies and Procedures
For more information on our policies and procedures – click here
The Loanable Technology Desk is located on the north side of the upper level of the Undergraduate Library. Tech pickup lockers are located between the circulation desk and the technology desk.