Undergraduate students registered for classes at the University of Illinois may be appointed as a Student Hourly, which pays on an hourly basis. See the Office of Student Financial Aid page for guidelines and policies.
How to Apply
- Fill out this Job Applicant Data Form. This is not a job application, it will put your information into a database that supervisors can view when they are looking for someone to hire.
- It is important to keep your personal information as up-to-date as possible.
- Your data form will be kept on file until the graduation date you have entered on your application. Each semester you need to update your availability once your schedule has been set.
- Available positions within the Library will be updated regularly in the “Current Openings” section. Please apply for the ones you are interested in by following the instructions at the bottom of the position’s page.
- Contact each Library unit supervisor to let them know that you are interested in employment and have a Job Applicant Data Form on file.
If You Are Hired
- Library Human Resources will contact you via e-mail to schedule a new hire appointment. In order to be added to the University payroll, you will need your University of Illinois i-card, Driver’s License, and Social Security Card. If you are an international student without a social security card, bring your Passport with I-94, I-20, and your i-card.
- Permanent Residents should also have their University of Illinois i-card, Social Security Card, and their A Card in order to complete the I-9 form.
- The new hire process takes approximately 1 hour. Please be certain to allow this amount of time when scheduling your appointment.
- The Library’s minimum wage is $13 an hour.
If you have any questions about these processes please email Library HR at email@example.com.