Graduate students registered for any campus of the University of Illinois may be appointed as a Graduate Hourly, which pays on an hourly basis for temporary special projects. The student must be registered in the Graduate College for the semesters of the appointment. These appointments do not provide a tuition waiver. See the University Human Resources website for more information about Graduate Hourly positions.
- Preservation Services- Digital Production Technician- Graduate Hourly
- Law Library - Graduate Hourly
- Preservation Services -NDNP Language Specialist Graduate Hourly
- Scholarly Commons Internship
- Circulation Assistant
How to Apply
- Fill out the Job Applicant Data Form
- Your application will be kept on file until the graduation date you have entered on your application. Each semester you need to update your availability once your schedule has been set.
- Sometimes supervisors browse these applications looking for student workers, so it’s important to keep your personal information updated.
- Visit each Library Unit Supervisor to let them know that you have an application on file.
If You are Hired
- Library Human Resources will contact you via e-mail to schedule a new hire appointment. In order to be added to the University payroll, you will need to bring your University of Illinois i-card, Driver’s License, and Social Security Card. If you are an international student without a social security card, bring your Passport with I-94, I-20, and your i-card.
- Permanent Residents should also bring their University of Illinois i-card, Social Security Card, and their A Card to the office in order to complete the I-9 form.
- The new hire process takes approximately 30 minutes. Please be certain to allow this amount of time when scheduling your appointment.
- The Library’s minimum wage is $8.25 an hour.