For studio reservation please fill out the form located: here.
For a calendar of studio availability click: here
We strive to respond within 2 business days of the form submission
- When listing availability, please indicate as many dates as possible. The studio is often completely booked weeks in advance
The form must be submitted at least 4 business days prior to the first desired date.
Faculty, Staff and Students of UofI are eligible to reserve the video studio
Video Production Studio Policies and Procedures
The video production studio is available by appointment. For studio reservation please fill out the form located here.
A member of the Media Commons staff will contact (via email) individuals within 2 business days to further discuss the project, equipment needs and dates. Once approved and scheduled, Media Commons staff will be present to assist with the setting up of equipment and shooting video. Instruction on the basics of editing is available as a separate consultation appointment.
The Media Commons does not currently provide editing services.
Responsibilities of Media Commons Staff
- The studio will be initially prepared in a clean and efficient manner for ease of use and instruction.
- A staff member from the Media Commons will also instruct the patron on the basic usage of the camera and lights, as well as the workflow for capturing video and audio. This will be based on the needs of the patron.
- The staff member will assist with moving the data captured from the Video Production studio to a hard drive provided by the patron, or one of the media editing stations out in the Media Commons, if desired.
- If asked, the staff member will be happy to set up an appointment to instruct on the basics of video editing.
Responsibilities of the Patron using the Video Production Studio
- Patrons will be responsible for bringing a storage device (preferrably USB 3 or faster) to save the data once the video shoot is completed (or check out an external drive from the Loanable Technology Center).
- Patrons will come prepared to shoot the video and will have rehearsed/memorized their script.
- Patrons are responsible for any props needed.
- Patrons will follow instructions of the Staff member regarding care and treatment of the equipment
- Only individuals needed to shoot the video will be allowed in the studio.
Please note that the library is not responsible for any damage that may occur on equipment as a result of media borrowed from the library or used internally.
Talent Release Forms
Per the University of Illinois Public Affairs website, "If you are planning to use an individual’s image or likeness in media such as photographs, video, etc., you should request written permission to do so. Releases should also be completed and signed by any talent working with companies or individuals shooting photography, video or audiotape on University premises. Use the forms below accordingly."
For more information and direct links to Talent Release Forms click here