Library materials from UIUC and from other
I-Share Libraries can be renewed by
- Phone: Library Telephone Center (217-333-8400).
- In Person: At any circulation desk
Account statuses that may prevent an online renewal include:
- 1 overdue recalled item;
- reaching a renewal threshold set for a particular item;
- excessive overdue or lost material;
- excessive fines or library charges;
- a suspension initiated by a UIUC or another I-Share library because of an unpaid bill,
non-response to library requests for return of material, or other account problem;
- an upcoming expiration date in your borrower record -- this can occur if you are no longer
employed by or enrolled at the University, or if your courtesy card is about to expire.
Some items CANNOT be renewed, including:
- Items that have been recalled by another patron. These items should be returned immediately to
a library staff member so they can clear the item from your account.
- Items that are normally non-circulating, but were loaned to you on an exception basis.
- Reserve room items.
- Some bound journals.
- Overdue items borrowed from other I-Share libraries, depending upon the policy of the
- Items borrowed via
Renew library material using the