Your Library Account
- Setup and Use My Account – Step-by-step guide to setting up your library account so you can renew items, make and view requests, or check for fines or fees.
- Library Cards
- Courtesy Cards – Instructions on how to apply for a courtesy card if you are a community member or visitor.
- Visitors and Affiliates – Explains what borrowing privileges your courtesy card gives you.
- Sample Visiting Scholar Letter from Sponsoring Department – To obtain a courtesy card, guests and visiting scholars must have a letter from their Urbana campus sponsoring academic department.
- Patron Account Blocks
- Proxy Authorization – University of Illinois faculty members, graduate students, and other library borrowers with extenuating circumstances may authorize another library borrower to check out library materials for them.
- Confidentiality Policy
- Borrowing Privileges – Bookstacks access, loan periods, renewal limits, and fines and fees.
- Return – Tips for returning material, and lists outside bookdrop locations.
- Course Reserves – Find physical items placed on reserves specifically for your class.
- For Instructors: Placing Materials on Reserve
Request and Delivery
These services are available to U of I users only.
- Interlibrary Loan – Request items that are not available from the U of I Library or I-Share.
- DocExpress (Document Delivery) – Request copies of U of I Library material.