Circulation Services has undergone many changes, especially since 2005, including changes in locations, splitting of the desks to create separate loanable technology desks.
Major services include:
- circulation of books, dvds, videos, video games, board games
- reserve set-up, processing, and circulation
- loanable technology acquisition, cataloging, processing and circulation
- billing services for UGL specific items
- assistance with directional and ready reference types of questions
- collection maintenance
- self check kiosks in the lower level (first library at UIUC to acquire these -2012)
Student Assistants comprise a major component of our circulation services (between 40-50 hired). Below is a photo from 2017 of the graduating student assistants, with the Jessica LeCrone (student supervisor).