The Undergraduate Library Instruction Classroom has two teaching spaces for librarian-led class instruction sessions.
Room 291 has 40 computers for student use. The room capacity is 49, including any instructors.
Room 289 is a flexible classroom space with seating for up to 25 students. The room includes some Chromebooks for student use. Training is required prior to booking a session or teaching in Room 289.
Primary Use of Space
- The lab prioritizes librarian-led library instruction. It is not available for non-library led classes.
- The lab is not intended for sequential use (daily, weekly, or monthly meetings) of the same class.
- Priority usage is for classes that need to make use of computer-based resources.
Reserving the Space
- Requests should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 3 business days for a response. Wait for a confirmation of the class before publicizing the information.
- Meetings may be requested no earlier than ten days prior to the actual meeting time to allow for accommodation of instruction requests. Meetings in this room should be limited to those requiring technology.
Using the Room
- The key and clickers are available at the Undergraduate Library Circulation Desk and may be checked out there prior to a scheduled class. The key is barcoded and you will need your i-card to check it out.
- The room is to remain locked at all times.
- When your class is completed:
- Make sure the projector is turned off.
- Close any open applications on the computers.
- Pick up stray papers and other materials.
- Wipe the whiteboards clean for the next user.
- Turn off all the lights.
- Lock the door.
- Return key to the Circulation Desk.
Due to the logistical difficulty of constantly installing and uninstalling software, as well as financing and maintaining software licenses, the room cannot have specialty software installed. In rare instances, the machines may be modified to accommodate a presentation. If you have such a need, please call or email the Library IT Help Desk at (217) 244-4688 or email@example.com at least 2 weeks in advance.
For details about the computers and room technology please see the 291 UGL Hardware and Software list.
- 1 instructor computer
- 40 student computers