About the Collection
The Library is home to over 2,000 graphic novels from diverse regions including North and South America, Japan, South Asia, Korea, Europe, and the Middle East. The collection includes comics in their original language, as well as a number of translations into English. The collection supports the curricular, recreational, and research needs of the University of Illinois.
The collection includes both new and popular titles, as well as classics and rare books, such as these Indian Flash Gordon comics in the Rare Book and Manuscripts Library.
- India – Amar Chitra Katha
- Turkey – Seyfetin Efendi
- Spain – Blacksad
- Italy/France – Corto Maltese
- Japan – One Piece
Searching for a Title
- Start at the Library Catalog.
- Select “Title” from the drop-down, second from the right.
- Type the name of the graphic novel into the main search box.
- Click “Find.”
- On the right, below “Genre” click on “Graphic Novels.”
Request a Novel or Series for Purchase
We are always interested in ways to build and diversify our collections. If there’s something you’d like to see added to the collection, whether it’s a novel or entire series, please let us know. Fill out a brief suggestion form and we’ll do our best to ensure that our materials fit your library needs.