- The unit/department head or their delegate submits a web form: https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/432379 to Library Facilities requesting the temporary key.
- Keys to areas other than the employees assigned work areas will require the approval of the other area unit head.
- Library Facilities will schedule pick-up via Outlook calendar. Employee will go to room 44 Main Library to check out the temporary key.
- The Library employee should bring along a form of ID for proof of employment with the Library and what departmental library/unit they work in.
- Interior keys can be checked out for the day and must be returned by 4:30pm. Exceptions can be made in consultation with the Assistant Dean of Libraries for Facilities to temporarily check out keys for longer time periods.
- Exterior keys can be checked out, but must be approved by the Assistant Dean of Library Facilities with justification for use (i.e. emptying the Main Stacks book drop at the end of the semester).
The Library Key Control policy responsibilities apply to temporary issued/checked-out keys https://www.library.illinois.edu/staff/administration/policies/keycontrol/