Time and Location of Meeting
March 10, 20151:30 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library
Agenda not yet available.
Skye Arseneau, Sarah Christensen, Jon Gorman, Lisa Hinchliffe, Cindy Ingold, Chair, Cindy Kelly, Jessica Le Crone, Megean Osuchowski, Susan Schnuer, Zoe Revell
1. Minute taker – Lisa will take minutes.
2. The minutes from the February 3 meeting were approved.
3.Review of Agenda – No changes were made to the agenda.
4.Updates and Announcements
- ClimateQUAL survey – Cindy reported that there is one week remaining in the survey time and there is a 56% response rate so far. It seems likely we will reach our goal of 60% response rate of higher.
- Three Minutes to Live Training – Cindy K and Zoe reported that the training is going well and receiving good response. The first session had 35 people and the second 38 people. There are 50 people signed up for the third session. Though the feedback will need to be analyzed, one emerging request is for Rape Aggression Defense training to be made available.
- Supervisory Training Institute – Zoe reported that the group met today. They have three additional sessions in their sequence.
- GREAT Training for SAs – Jessica reported that they have filmed the first two videos and are working on editing. They will film the other installments next week. It is planned that the Committee can review one or two videos at the April meeting.
- Student Training in Compass – Zoe is reviewing the work that Sarah (GA) completed and will also share with Jessica.
5. Wellness Activities – Zoe provided an update about
- Chair Massages – Continue to be ongoing.
- Chair Yoga – Continue to be ongoing.
- Blood Drive is at the beginning of April.
- Money Smart Workshops are being scheduled for Money Smart week in April and an announcement is forthcoming on LibNews-L.
- CPR Training – The goal is to offer two sessions in June.
- Pedometer Challenge – The pedometers have been ordered. The committee discussed ideas for refreshing the approach. Cindy asked for volunteers to assist. The planning group will be Zoe, Sarah, Cindy, and (possibly) Lindy Wheatley. The tentative plan is to have groups and individuals participate and to have “all Library steps” count through which we “walk to libraries” around the world.
6. Strategic Planning Discussion – Lisa reported that there was a great deal of interest in addressing issues related to organizational climate and staff morale. Lisa proposed that staff development and strategic planning partner since staff development is already working on these issues as one of the groups most vested in the results from ClimateQUAL. The committee agreed to this approach. The committee discussed ideas for possible follow-up training related to climate, diversity, intercultural competencies, etc.; however, no decisions can be made until we see the results from ClimateQUAL.
Next Meeting: April 7, 2015, 1:30-3:00, 428 Main Library, Cindy Kelly will be the minute taker.