Time and Location of Meeting
June 7, 2012
Agenda not yet available.
Faculty and Staff Meeting June 7, 2012
- Slavic Lab starts June 11. By the end of June, most scholars will have left. Three days of formal sessions.
- References and User Services—will be geared to undergraduates
- Specialists will have office hours—I AS will be expected to offer 3 hours per week (It seems that this is 9 hours.) GAs will man The Hub.
- The Hub people need to make appropriate referrals.
- Referral is often the best and only solution even if the patron has to wait to get an answer.
- Mara is setting up a wiki regarding the Service Desk and Reference.
- Lynne (Reference Coordinator) discussed the Reference Rolodex in ESSL
Outreach and Programming:
- Events: 3 or 4 events per semester
- Squirrel Mail: we will be answering questions through this
- We have a good candidate pool for the Middle Eastern/North African
- Party supplies are only for parties. Coffee supplies: cover coffee and plastic utensils for daily use–$.10/cup
Contributions for LibGuides—Faculty needs to tag their LibGuides.