Time and Location of Meeting
February 2, 20041:30 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library
- Lost property procedures
Burger and Byrd
Outcome: Understand lost property procedures
- Oak Street Staffing Proposal
Outcome: Approve proposal for staffing Oak Street processing
- Staff coverage for service points
Outcome: Decision about responsibility for covering service points
(Document distributed Jan. 15)
- Consistency in hours of operation
Outcome: Explanation of document (distributed 1/15/04) and required follow-up
- Announcements and Updates
Paula Kaufman, Chair, Rod Allen, Bob Burger, Barbara Ford, Lisa German, Peggy Glatthaar, Lisa Hinchliffe, John Hoffmann (for Bill Maher), Lyn Jones, Cindy Kelly, Tom Kilton, Betsy Kruger, Bill Mischo (for Tina Chrzastowski), Beth Sandore, Diane Schmidt, Sue Searing, Paula Watson, Karen Wei, Lynn Wiley, Brett Byrd
- Lost property procedure– Burger, ByrdThe committee discussed the procedure and made some suggestions, such as changing the log numbering for the cards; asking people to go to the Facilities Director in 230 Library if a patron comes in before 2:30pm (which is when the guards come on duty); holding an item for 48 hours if you wish, before sending it to the guards or sending it to the guards immediately, depending on your preference; and filling out the cards only when the security guard picks up the item or when a person claims an item.
Bob and Brett will make changes to the procedures.
- Oak Street Staffing Proposal – KrugerThe committee addressed questions to Betsy. After discussion the committee voted on the proposal, as is, and it was approved.
- Staff coverage for service points – BurgerThe committee decided that divisions would create their own plans that would be enforced in the divisions. If they need additional help they will contact Bob. The divisions should let Bob know when they have a plan in place.
- Consistency in hours of operation – BurgerBob would like the divisions to talk about the document and bring back input to the March 15 meeting.
- Announcements and UpdatesKaufman – The “non-budget request” was in to the Provost by Wednesday. There is a meeting scheduled with the Provost in April to talk about it. There is no new information on the rescission money but maybe we’ll hear something about it after the budget meeting.
Burger – They are in their 7 th negotiating session for Local 698. All the proposals are on the table now.
German – Gail Hueting has started as Interim Sr. Monographic Cataloger. She will be working to raise the skill level. If you have any personnel issues please see Michael Norman or Lisa about it.
Sandore – CITES has been sending emails to signal to convert your email account to express mail. They have good documentation on line to help you but if you have any problems contact Systems. If you have received email that you are going to start being charged for email storage, there are additional storage allocations from CITES.
D. Schmidt – The Strategic Planning Committee meetings are almost over. Please send in your comments if you have been unable to attend a session or if you have additional comments.