Time and Location of Meeting
April 24, 2012
Agenda not yet available.
IAS Faculty Meeting Minutes
- Approved meeting minutes from March 14 and March 28, 2013.
Barbara: a new group of Russian librarians are coming 07/01-07/12 for communication on User Services. Need more volunteers to work with this group.
Steve: the new Korean studies librarian is coming to IAS. IAS is still discussing about his appointment and office space.
Paula: the ongoing discussion of reorganizing the library space, including Classics library, Newspaper, History and Philosophy Library, Reference Room, as well as Language and Literature Library.
Shuyong: there is going to be a conference on Studies about countries surrounding China in July.
Antonio: the new Latin American web site is coming up. Will send out the link when it’s done.
Lynne: got funding for the redesign of the IAS library website.
Steve: follow up the Web Archiving Project.
- Passed the IAS Bylaws.
- Mara introduced the collaborative research project on Interlibrary Loan to understand the use of materials in other language (not including Spanish, French, German, and Italian). It is found that Slavic materials are most heavily requested. Thai, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese materials come after it.
The data also shows that International Resource Centers, Foundations and the government are major users of these materials.
The material is placed in G drive. Ask Mara about more details.
- Subject Specialist Librarian Competencies
Need to adopt this to IAS librarian work, also, to address our value and contribution to the library and academia. Need volunteers to do test on why do we need area specialists, and how to deliver better services.
The discussion results will be brought to higher level division and then EC.
- Division meeting time change for next semester to bring LSSC members in. 9:00-10:30 is the first option for now.
- Global Forum Recommendations
To look forward and see how this recommendations can inspire our service and push our work forward to suit the changing landscape of library services. We are thinking of keeping the existing humanities and social sciences services. At the same time, we want to add more.