Remember to bring your I-Card when requesting these resources!
1. Company/Product Information: (sources available via the Library website)
- Identifies articles on business, finance, and management topics from regional, U.S. and international publications.
- Includes information specific to the advertising industry.
- Includes information on brands, products, marketing and advertising.
- Demographic info for select products (not all products included).
- Includes annual reports and sales info on companies
- Provides the most recent news stories (including business) and statistics on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
- Database on non-publicly owned companies
- Provides the most recent business news and information on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
2. Demographic Information
- Find popular facts (income, population, racial info, etc.) and frequently requested data about your community. Search by state, county, city, town, or zip code.
New Strategist Books (available on the Advertising Bookcase)
- The Communications Library has a collection of over 50 books focusing on specific demographic groups (ethnicity, age, gender) and their interests, income, spending patterns, education levels, etc.
SRDS Local Market Audience Analyst (available online, requires Internet Explorer)
- Breaks down the American population geographically and demographically and includes extensive lifestyle information on the interests, hobbies, and activities popular in each geographic and demographic market.
- Births, life expectancy, deaths, and selected health data.
3. Advertising Rates and Data: (sources are located behind the library’s reference desk)
SRDS Consumer Magazine Media (available online)
- Provides information on over 3,000 U.S. and international consumer magazines. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
SRDS Digital Websites (available online)
- Lists online advertising opportunities such as web sites. Get up-to date information on audience profiles, advertising rates, circulation/coverage, contact names and more.
SRDS Digital Networks & Tech (available online)
- Provides digital ad network and ad tech vendor profiles plus over 20,000 website profiles.
SRDS Local Media by DMA (available online)
- Provides information on local media
SRDS Newspaper Media (available online)
- Provides information on daily newspapers, newspaper groups, Black newspapers, college newspapers, and specialized newspaper. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
SRDS Out of Home Media Source(available online)
- Includes coverage, circulation, rates, terms and conditions, and advertising rates for over 19 media categories including: airport, outdoor, stadium, transit, movie, and shopping malls.
- Provides: market profiles, AM/FM commercial stations, networks. Includes cost per point estimates.
SRDS TV & Cable Media (available online)
- Provides affiliations and coverage for: commercial stations, broadcast networks, multiple station owners, cable systems, interconnects, cable networks, sports networks, and syndicators. Includes cost per point estimates
- Lists current rates and audience estimates for the major media. Call number: 302.230973 T42
Can’t find what you need? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, visit the Communications Library
Library Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8 am-12 am; Fri: 8 am-5 pm; Sat: 1-5 pm; Sun: 1 pm-12 am